Do you know Breville? Let me jog your memory…Breville invented the sandwich toaster – yes, you read that right they gave us the “gadget of dreams” , so when they wanted to work with me I figured it was honestly the least I could do…
Breville challenged me to take part in their Home Hero Challenge, which consisted of creating a recipe using only the Breville Blend Active and the accessory pack. The Blend Active by Breville has been helping most of us get creative in the kitchen for a while, but Breville have just launched the blend active accessory pack to enhance your blender, helping me (I mean you…I mean us) to appear like top chefs in our own homes. I need all the help I can get – especially with my fussy eating 4 year old.
Breville promises that the #blendactive is simple, easy to use and a time saver so I put it to the test and made my favourite vegan chocolate milkshake. I threw in my favourite ingredients to see if the product did “just blend and go” and you can see the results below.
By adding the accessory pack to the blend active – there really is no other appliances needed as the accessory pack helps you prep, chop, whip, grind, juice or puree. I thought the ultimate challenge for the accessory pack would be my Medjool dates, but it chopped them finer than I ever could have and made my chocolate milkshake so much smoother. I was super impressed!
(my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard)
Vegan Chocolate Milkshake Recipe
- Chop 2 Medjool Dates in Breville Blend Active accessory pack
- In your Blend Active – add 250ml Almond Milk
- Add 1 tsp of ground cinnamon to milk
- Add 1 tbsp of peanut butter (I like crunchy)
- Add 1 ripe banana to your accessory pack and puree
- Add 2 tbsp of cacoa powder to your milk
- Add a handful of walnuts and cacoa nibs to your #blendactive
- Add 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Essence
- Add toppings of choice (I used coconut flakes, Cacoa nibs and a Walnut) – you can add anything your tummy desires
- DRINK AND ENJOY
Normally when I make this the prep takes so long that I actually have been known to talk myself out of making it, but with the Blend Active and accessory pack by Breville – it was easy. I genuinely recommend this product. You can grind coffee beans, puree baby food, create a juice, smoothie or milkshake and make your life easier when it comes to making you and your family delicious food.
The Breville Blend Active Accessory Pack is currently available at www.Breville.co.uk for £24.98